Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ugh....Don't let the bed bugs bite???

OK, let me start off by saying the reason I posted this cartoon was because bed bugs are disgusting and I didn't want to post a picture of a bed bug. If you are curious as to what they look like you can Google them.
So, when your were little, did anyone every tell you "goodnight....don't let the bed bugs bite." Well, I always thought it was just a cute saying but turns out there is actually something called a bed bug. They are disgusting! The suck your blood! I know what your thinking, and I am NOT MAKING THAT UP! It's true!!



Here is the link to wiki to read up on them if you are interested:

*****WARNING*****
THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE YOUR ARE ABOUT TO READ IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED! IF YOU ARE AFRAID OR ALL SORTS OF BUGS, THEN IT'S BETTER IF YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DO! SAVE YOURSELF THE GRAPHIC THOUGHTS AND SKIP THIS ARTICLE.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedbug




So, I had some bites on my neck, it didn't look like any bug bites I had gotten before from just being outside. I was really concerned. I started looking online and was convinced some how Leandro and I were infested with bedbugs!!! Well, in case your wondering we are definitely not!!!! LOL

This is just an example of what happens when you lay on the couch and watch specials on TV about bugs and things and then have bites on your neck.

Before, I was even home from work I had already made an appointment with Terminex, ordered a new mattress and box springs from Sears, made arrangements to sleep somewhere else, and even picked up bedbug poison (rubbing alcohol) and a flash light for some detective work. I was armed and ready to tackle this problem. I was really freaked out. I like to call this the "web MD" condition.

Doctors hate "Web MD" because people lead to irrational conclusions about themselves..... hence, like with the bedbugs and me. Before I even made it home Leandro and I were both convinced we had them! I swear, lol sometimes the web is no good to go to for some things.

After I got home and did my detective work with poison in hand, we had NOTHING not one sign of a bed bug! LOL Oh, and last night I slept soo good..... work up this morning with no bites.... lol

From now on I don't think I will jump so fast to conclusions....... that's a good lesson for anyone LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment