Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.......





A dream is a wish you heart makes......... I love this saying! This just makes me smile so big when I think of this. Lately, I have been thinking of Disney World and all it's wonder. I have never visited it, and neither has Leandro. I am not sure what got me started on this but I just keep thinking about it over and over. I would love so much to go.
When I was a little girl I would think about it a lot. I remember Shelly and Jamie went a few times. I spent the night at Shelly's house and she was showing me her "character autograph book." She was like "this was Chip and Dale and this was Sleeping Beauty....etc" I was like WOW there really signed it! LOL
I am about to be twenty-seven, and I have been thinking about how I would like to visit it. I never really cared about going until recently and I don't even know why. No one at work has been talking about it or making plans to go. I just for no reason what so ever woke up one day and felt like I was missing out on something special.
Maybe it's a result of "*Mardi Gras Syndrome." Who knows....... I have thought of it everyday for a while now. I have been reading all about it too. It sounds like so much fun! I read all about their hidden Mickeys all over the park. I guess I never really read about it before or ever thought of a possibility of ever going, so I never checked into it.
When I was small my Mom and Dad made Disney World sound so awesome (they went there on their honeymoon.) I don't know how much it was but in my head I always thought of Disney World costing like thousands and thousands of dollars. As a kid I thought it was like the cost of a house or something. I just looked it up the other day and was amazed at how affordable it really is...LOL that just goes to show you how poor we were at one time! LOL
I think Leandro feels the same way about Disney World, that he will never be able to go.... I am going to do what I can to try and plan a trip for us!


*Mardi Gras Syndrome- Mardi Gras Syndrome is a made up term made up by Erin Gutierrez as a term that summarizes the effects of being neglected or forbidden to attend, participate or celebrate a certain event, festival, or place. example....Mardi Gras festival, parades, etc.
As a result of non participation in events a block is developed and as a person gets older they forget about the events, festival, or activities and all desires to attend or participate in any events is lost or gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment