Sunday, May 9, 2010

Memories....Mother's Day Part 2

You know, I was just thinking of my family. My Mom and Dad and my sister. I miss my family so much. I often think about what Momma and Daddy would be like today if they were still together. I can't believe I am almost thirty years old and I still cry over their separation.
Sometimes I close my eyes and I think of my life before.........
I think about Katy and I barefoot running around the little house on Danya Dr. I think about the clothes mom used to wear and Daddy too.
I can still remember all the dishes they had. I remember Mom had a set of ruby red dishes she got when she was just a little girl and where she used to keep them in the house. I remember the knobs in the tub in Katy and I's bathroom.... they are no longer there......
We had a green fridge. We had a cassette player/radio on the bar. Dad used to lean against the bar where it was with his legs crossed in his muscle shirt singing to all of us. He would sing George Strait..... me and Katy and Mom would applaud his beautiful voice.
These are my memories....but sometimes if I concentrate really hard I can really put myself there again. I get so desperate at times........ I would give up everything in my life for just one more day to sit on the floor in the kitchen looking up at my Daddy singing to me, or Momma painting my nails........ I feel like because of their divorce my time was cut short. I feel cheated!
I think a lot about Katy when she was little too! I remember her sweet little voice and the way she used to say my name. I miss her being little!
I remember one Mother' Day my Mom and Dad bought a Glider from Home Depot. My mom was so excited! She never really had anything like that before. Katy and I used to take naps on it outside during the Summer.
I just wish so bad......just for one more day...........just one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment