Monday, May 3, 2010

A Lonesome Cake....













So this blog is about my cake experience. I offered a while back to make a very merry "Happy Birthday Cake for a 5 Year Old." Not just any five year old..........a princess five year old girl LOL. For Korah Boydkin (April and Chad's Daughter.)


This cake experience didn't exactly go as planned. I started the cake Friday night at about 11 PM. I was wide awake and I enjoyed every minute of preparing, baking, and decorating this cake, all with Korah in mind! I finished it up around 3 or 4 AM. I was so excited to give it to her.
I went to bed at around 4 and around 6:30 Timothy woke up hungry. So, I got up and made him a bottle and bathed him and layed him back down. He started to fall back asleep and I was was going to text April to tell her to make sure and bring some Tupperware or Ziploc bags because there was definitely going to be cake left over, but I noticed she already sent me a text asking if I was awake. She said Chad had forgot and bought Korah a birthday cake. This immediately hurt my feelings and pissed me off. I didn't know what to do. I thought....should I still bring mine? Did she see it and not like it? Was it really an accident? Does Korah already have her heart set on the other one?
I dunno maybe I was reading to much into it but it made me angry and hurt my feelings. April went on to text me "bring yours too" talking about bring my cake too....but I thought that much cake would just be absurd and they didn't need two cakes. I was exhausted and aggravated I didn't even want to go but then she made me feel bad by sending me a pic of Korah saying "she's smiling for Aunt Erin." Ugh I hate it when people use their kids on me. I feel like April does that with Korah sometimes, Joanie and Rocky are guilty of it too sometimes.
Well, I spent all that time and all that money on the cake to just let it sit in my fridge or be wasted. I made it for Korah...just for her....with her in mind so I went ahead and brought it up there.
When I got there I was surprised to see that they brought the other cake that Chad had bought for her even though April said they were leaving it at home. They said it was cute but I don't even recall anyone saying thank you. Leandro and I left before they cut the cake because I had a pounding headache.
I was telling my sister at lunch today and she was like "How was the cake was it good" I said I don't know we left before they cut it and no one said anything to me about it. She was like "WHAT!" I dunno, I am not really worried about it anymore. It just sort of hurt my feelings.
All in all I think Korah liked it which really mattered to me and I had fun making it for her, so I guess that's all that really matters in the end. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment