Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fueding Friends From the Middle Child's Perspective......

Pictured above.......April, me and Ashlie LOL!!!

Man oh Man oh Man oh Man!!!!!! WHEW!!!! LOL! Today has been something! Let me give you all the guts of this story........



OK this story first starts off a while ago when the three of us decided to have a girl's night out. We went to Chili's in Denham and then we were heading to a bar called Rick and Robin's (I kept calling it Rock in Robins...he he he he he .) Well, to keep this long event a bit on the short side I will sum this part up.....here's the gist of it.....Ashlie didn't like Rick and Robin's and wanted to bale to do something else with Jeremy and Breanna and left...yadda yadda yadda.....which was un-cool and she knew it when she did it! Needless to say, April and I had a great time together that night and I feel like Ashlie missed out. However, not to long after that night had come and gone, Ashlie felt bad for leaving, as I feel she should have and texted me and April and apologized. I instantly forgave her, because she has been my friend for years and is like family to me. Maybe I am too easy to forgive....... perhaps I'm not, I don't know but that's what I did right or wrong.
Well, this really hurt April a lot, and understandably so. Ashlie apologized to April as far as I know and April said she is OK but she isn't. She is going through a lot right now poor darlin! Perhaps she told Ashlie she is OK to avoid a confrontation..... or because she didn't feel like dealing with it.....or maybe she thought she was OK at the time when Ashlie asked.....who knows? Well, this was pretty much just left to hang out to dry when it was all over.

So....in the mean time ...................

This past Tuesday Ashlie bought pizza kits for the kids (Kaden, Jack and Korah.) As far as I know Ashlie invited April and Korah as did I. April declined. I believe this was an attempt on Ashlie's part to reach out to make an effort to show April how she can be a better friend to her.
April and Korah had stopped by the house Tuesday afternoon before Ash and Jack got there. I tried to get her to stay but she wanted to go home. She said she was tired which I can definitely relate to. Before her and Korah left April wanted to make plans for the kids to play together on Thursday at McDonald's. I said yes!!!
Ash and Jack then got there and we had a blast. Before Ashlie left.... she asked me what I was doing on Thursday, because she knows I keep Kaden on Tues., Thurs., and Sundays. I had told her about the plans April and I had made and she asked me if I minded if her and Jack tagged along. I said of course not but she might want to check with April first because it was her idea. She said OK and she was on her way..........

Today, Ashlie text April with no response about McDonalds. Ashlie's feelings were hurt, I am sure, because she is really trying hard to make an effort to be a better friend not only to April but I think to me as well. I feel like everyone deserves more than one chance, but I think April is still hurt from the last time, and can't deal with anything new right now because she is depressed and going through a lot. I understand that! I sent April an email telling her how excited I was to see her and Korah at McDonald's and she cancelled on me. Ashlie text me to tell me that April didn't respond to her text and I told her that April had cancelled, so she asked if it would be OK for her and Jack to go in April's place. I said yes.
Later, at lunch April and Ash were texting back and forth and April called me crying saying how Ashlie told her that she hurt my feelings. Well, the truth is yes.......she did. She hurt my feelings about Korah's cake. You can read the blog about that if you need to know how and why. This is nothing that April didn't already know. I told that to April the day of Korah's party. It is upsetting, but I am over it. I told her that. I simply told her "April you are my friend and that is over with." and that is exactly what I mean. nothing more. nothing less.

So, this is what I think. My perspective. ......... Ashlie or April if you happen to read this........here are my feelings.......


To Ashlie:
Ashlie,
I love you! Let me start off by saying that. That night you left was shitty. It was a shitty thing to do and the timing was even more shittier....LOL But, I think you know that already. I take you apology to me to be extremely sincere and as far as I am concerned.... water under the bridge! I have not a grudge against you nor will I bring it up again to your attention I believe it to be over.
Also, I have noticed you try to be a better friend and reaching out. I know I'm am not perfect but please know that you efforts are not meaningless and never go unnoticed! I love you, and I want you in my life always!!!


Love,
Erin


To April:
April,
I love you! Let me start off by saying that. I hurt so much for you right now, because I know your hurting. I hate that your hurting, it breaks my heart! I know how you feel....all you want to do is work...go home...be left alone. Trust me!!!!! I KNOW!
However, I think right now more than anything you need friends.......and you need family! I think Ashlie is trying to show you that she can be a good friend to you if you be honest with her and tell her how you feel. Tell her what you need from her! Let her know! I am not angry with you, or her. I love you both and I want you to be happy. I know it's hard......and Korah's party was so happy yet so sad and difficult for you and for Chad. I am always here for you in times where you need a friend or just want to be left alone, I will understand....this I promise to you.

Love,
Erin


Whether the two of you choose to "work it out" or not is up to you...this is just my thoughts and my perspective! I love you both!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I love you too. And I get what you are saying about everything. You made me cry. :-(
    I am just hurting in so many ways right now.I know I have pushed you away and I am sorry for that. I just don't know what else to say. You mean a lot to me but I just dont know what to say. Since the day I saw Richard Matthews in person, it hit me badly. I mean, it hit my heart, like a million gazilion ton of bricks. Korah talks about you alot. When we pass your house, she says "There's aunt Erin's house." I miss you alot and I know that all I have said is sorry but I am. I just need to focus on Korah right now.
    And, as for me and Ashlie go, I don't know what is going on with that. I guess we arent really friends anymore. She and I just kinda went our seperate ways after school I guess, and it's not been the same since school. I dunno, I'm just dealing with this, and I am sorry. Ashlie and Erin, I don't know if you believe me when I say this but I am sorry and love you both. I just need time, I need to deal with myself and this crap! Richard Matthews has torn my life up in so many ways, but I am doing a little better. Love you Erin, and hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete