Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Mother Daughter Heart to Heart......

This picture was taken at my Bridal Shower at Lake House Reception Center in Baton Rouge. The is the most recent picture of the three of us together. I remember how beautiful my mother looked that day and how she was so excited and had this "glow" about her. I remember her telling me she picked that blouse because she thought it matched the colors I choose for the wedding pretty well! She was right. It looked very close to the color I picked and it look beautiful on her.
I miss that day! It's weird because that day was my one and only bridal shower. It was "my day." There was a cake for me, and gifts...... and friends and family.......and a beautiful building.....but the thing about that day I remember the most and always comes to mind when I think of my shower is my mom. I think about how excited she was when I met her in the parking lot. She was glowing......so excited! Then when we were inside it's like she wanted to "hog me" and talk to me the whole time and not let anyone else have a turn. I remember her hugging me and kissing me and us walking around the whole building and her holding my hand.....she was so excited and looked so happy.
I wish we had more days like that. Last night my we talked on the phone and had a heart to heart, something we haven't had or done in a while. I cried the whole time. I feel so far away from her. She only lives ten minutes away but if feels like a million miles. She apologized for neglecting me. She said she knows she is guilty of it..... she said she was sorry for making me cry, and she never tried to hurt me.
The thing is, I know she never tried to hurt me.........I act like it doesn't really bother me that she never calls.....or that I never see her, but it does. I see my mother in law all the time, sometimes I even see her more than twice a week. I love my mother in law!! I love it that she loves to do crafts like me, and shop, and cook. She is awesome and I feel like I can go to her with anything! However, sometimes I start to miss my mom. When I think about all the things that my mother in law and I do together.......just a piece of me wishes I did some of those things with my mother.........I miss my mom. I miss her sweet voice and her smiling face, and her gentle voice.
Last night she said she was going to make more of an effort............I wish she would because I miss her!!!! I miss my mom...... and I miss the day that picture was taken. I will never forget the way her hands looked when she was holding mine and her sweet sweet smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment