Monday, July 27, 2009

Rainy School Days.....



You know, I am just sitting at my desk at work zoning out like I sometimes do when it rains.....I can't help it. I guess seeing that much water fall from the sky puts me elsewhere. I was just thinking about how it felt when I was on the bus and it was one of those rainy days. Its weird how you never think of things like that and then all the sudden something just pops in your head. I remember my bus number was 220......lol. I remember our seats were green leather, and where I used to sit. I remember all the kids on the bus......Sometimes, I think about how me and my sister rode the same bus for a while and would never sit together, except sometimes when it was raining and it was scary I would go and sit with her. I remember holding her hand one time because she was scared. I miss those days! It seems like just yesterday that we were riding that bus. It's hard to believe we are both grown now.......Wow, where did all the time go?

I miss playing in the rain in our flooded yard with Josh and Nikki. One time me and Josh were playing Pete and Pete (the Nickelodeon show) and we were acting like we were archaeologists. We were playing in the biggest mud hole in my yard we could find. There was this hole that we kept sticking out foot in. Josh said "I feel something.....there is something here!!!!!" We were excited, guessing at what it could be..."treasure, a car, armadillo....LOL!!!" I think we were even holding our breath and going under water LOL.

A few days later, after the rain had all dried up I was in my room and I heard a loud crashing noise. I ran outside and heard my Dad kill the lawnmower and start saying "ERIN!!!!!! goddamn it son of a bitch?!?!?!?" I said "yes Daddy?" He said "Who in the hell dig up this pipe, do you know?" We had stuck our foot in that hole so much digging out mud each time that that "thing" that we were feeling with our feet was actually a pipe and my Dad didn't notice and had crashed the lawn mower in the hole and cracked the pipe...LOL. So, of course my response was "Daddy, I have no idea....I swear." He said OK very pissed offly and went and got a shovel and some tools to repair it. LOL To this day....... I still don't think he knows it was us LOL =) So don't tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment