Friday, July 17, 2009

Path of Good Ridence.......

I was just thinking......I am at my desk dazing off....looking out the window at the rain pouring down. I remember when I was a little girl I used to play in the woods a lot. Me and my friends practically lived in the woods. We had clubs and rooms, and rules, and wars......LOL. I miss that. We used to cut our own paths with hatchets. It was our play house. It didn't matter what we came across......we had no fear! I was just thinking about how no matter how hot, or cold, or wet.......we would play.
Thinking back now, I guess we took advantage of those old woods behind our parents houses. I remember every now and then I would get upset, and I would walk out to our "spots" and just sit there and think. There was this particular tree that I would sometimes climb. I called it "my tree." I would just sit up there real high, and look out at all the houses. I used to could see my dad mowing grass. I would just sit there and watch....and see what people did when I wasn't around. I miss those days.......especially on days like this.
Sometimes it would start raining on me when I was in the woods. There were times where I could find shelter, and other times not so much. I remember looking down from that tree in the rain and realizing how beautiful everything around me looked in the rain, and how everyday I walked the same path to get to those "spots" or that "my tree" and never thought once how beautiful everything was......even the walk there. I was so focused on getting there and too often never stopped to notice.
There was one particular time, perhaps even the first time......when I really noticed it all. I think that is the day I because a transcendentalist, and just didn't know it. I have been a transcendentalist ever since.
As I sit here at my desk on this quiet Friday afternoon I think back......back to a time where life life was different. Simple. I think about how now, if I could go back to those woods that are no longer there, I would do the exact same thing, even though years and years have passed by since my little legs walked that path, and struggled to climb that tree. I would do the exact......same.....thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment