Friday, December 10, 2010

Post-Op Friday


Soo.....no! I am definitely not looking sexy after my surgery LOL! My right hand is still very swollen from the IV and I am still pretty uncomfortable. Although, my incisions look to be healing really well, (there were six total) I am still feeling pretty yuck. From what I can understand the worse is continuing to be behind me and now I am slowly moving on to a better future.
According to my doctors I will not feel like myself until about two weeks post-op, and right now I am only four days post-op.
However, I must say everyday seems to be better than the last.
So this is my diet for the next eight weeks..........

Phase 1: 1-2 days post-op only clear liquids
Phase 2: last for 2 weeks and includes everything from phase one including full liquids like yogurt, and sugar free pudding etc.
Phase 3: last for 2 weeks, includes everything from Phase 1 and 2 and soft foods like baby food etc.
Phase 4: last for two weeks, includes all previous phases and includes pure-aide foods
Phase 5: all previous phases and start back on regular foods avoiding heavy starches like bread, and rice, and pasta until 6 months post-op

As you can see my journey has really just began...... its still a long road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment