Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Memories





Merry Cajun Christmas! Ya-Eeeeee! LOL
I am excited about Christmas coming up in three weeks... even though I am broke and have no money, I don't even care! It won't break my Christmas spirit! =)
I love a Cajun Christmas! It just melts my little heart..... seafood gumbo....bonfires.....fireworks....and of course friends and family! My heart is smiling so big right now just thinking about that warm and fuzzy feeling that Christmas brings.
It's supposed to snow on Wed or Thurs of this week! I can't belive it! I just posted a blog the other day saying how I didn't think it was going to snow this year in Louisiana. That just goes to show you.... you can never predict the weather in Louisiana.

I am having such a wonderful Christmas already......

Yesterday, my mother in law and I went to Zeas to have lunch with Judy, Donna and Julie. Then, we went to a holiday cooking and decorating class. Later that evening, Leandro and I went to the CVS party at Kyle and Jill's house in Greystone..... wow what an amazingly fantastic day!!

Today, Ashlie came over and we ordered a pizza, drank wine and beer...then made homemade chocolate chip cookies and coffee. I am smiling so big typing this thinking about how much fun these last two days have been. I can hardly wait to find what tomorrow will bring......

Tomorrow, I have a job interview at Aeropostale and then I have to get ready for my surgery on Tues. I am excited!

AND........AND.......my Dad is actually in the Christmas spirit early this year!!!! I know.... I can't hardly believe it myself! He actually put lights up around the house and his tree. I talked to him yesterday and the neighborhood Christmas parade was coming down the road as we talked on the phone and he sounded so excited like a kid again. Penny was at the road taking pictures of Santa Clause. How cute!!! I swear it doesn't get much better than my Daddy!! He's the best!!!!

Christmas time always make me think of the magic of Christmas when I was little and my favorite Christmas. I ask everyone I know "What is your favorite Christmas memory?" The reason I ask everyone this is because not only does it make my heart melt its the way they look when they are describing it. You can see that person going back to that place in their heart! Penny told me about her favorite Christmas and tonight Ashlie told me about how she got the 3ft teddy bear once and she remembered the excitement in her heart when she saw it under the tree, and she wrote a poem to her grandparents for Christmas one year and when she read it to them they all shared a special Christmas moment of joy and love.

I love Christmas! Bottom line! LOL

So Merry Christmas to you and if you are reading this I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas filled with love, and special memories that you will keep in your heart forever.... what a gift, I must say.

With love and Cajun Christmas hugs and kisses

-Erin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment