Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy 3rd Anniversary!

This is a picture of Leandro and I on our wedding day having our first dance as a married couple to our wedding song "Fly me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra.



I dreamed of having that as my wedding song ever since I was a tiny little girl. We ever practiced our dance a few nights before the wedding. We had so much fun! :)

I remember my wedding day very well. I stayed the night at my Dad's house the night before. I could hardly eat that night, I was so nervous. I could tell Daddy was proud of me just by the way he looked into my eyes on the morning of my wedding. He could tell I was nervous! He was excited! He gave me a great big hug and said "you ready?" He broke out into a song and dance of "Erin's gettin married....Erin's gettin married....take me to the chapel....cuz I'm gonna get married...." Haha ha ha ha ha He has to be the best Dad ever! LOL

I remember my Dad stressing out at Carter's because they didn't have all the meat cut up and ready like they were supposed too for the jambalaya. While Daddy was waiting to get the meat I bought us both a breakfast sandwich. I scarfed it down I was so hungry! lol

I remember getting to the hall early and looking around at the empty place and trying to imagine what it would look like with all of our family there. I helped with the decorations before it was time to get ready. I was so excited!

I remember they way I walked in my wedding dress with short little kicks so I wouldn't trip. Katy and I always laugh when we think about my Dad.....

Preacher: Who gives this woman away to be married

Dad: Me. John Gremillion

We laugh because Dad said he thought he needed to use his legal name. LOL He did they same thing at Katy's wedding.

I remember the way Leandro looked at me as I walked down the isle, and he hands were all sweaty because he was nervous.

There are so many wonderful things I remember about that day, and a few sad things as well. I really wish my mom would have been there, but I understand. It just makes me mad that I made her a DVD of our wedding and she never even watched it because she said it makes her too sad, and when I showed her pictures of me in the wedding dress, well I had to beg her to look at them, and when she did she said "who's that girl!" I said me :( She didn't even recognize me.

But, I am not letting her run my wedding day or my wedding day memories. My wedding was the best day of my life so far. I miss Stephen. He was the best best man anyone could have ever asked for. He took his role seriously! lol

I miss that day...... and today is a nice little reminder of how blessed I am. I am very thankful for all of the wonderful friends and family I have, and thankful for the wonderful memories and time I had with the ones who are no longer here. But most of all... I am thankful for my husband..... the love of my life......

No comments:

Post a Comment