Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho off to work I go......

I got a job!!!! yay!!!! Actually, not just a job....but a career LOL. I got a teacher's position at a Montessori school in Baton Rouge. Yesterday was my first day and I LOVED it!!! I am so excited! There are so many good things about this job! Some of the benefits are that I get five paid weeks off a year plus two weeks paid vacation. That's a total of SEVEN WEEKS OFF PAID! Isn't that awesome?! Also, once a month there is a half day on a Friday where I will get paid a whole day! The dress code is jeans or and I quote "just wear whatever's comfortable." The hours are M-F 9-4:30.......NO NIGHTS.......NO WEEKENDS......!!!!!!!!! Also it's a salary position but if you work over forty hours a week you still get paid time and a half!
It seems almost too good to be true. I can work as an uncertified teacher for a year as long as I work under a mentor (the two owners of the school.) After a year, they will pay 100% for me to become certified. Also, if I have kids they will be able to attend free. I am so excited! :)
I am off today. This week I am only working M,W,F but next week I start working M-F!

What a awesome way to ring in the new year than with a new job :)

Huge love!!!!
-Erin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment