Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Old Sweater Story.......

This is my favorite sweater. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I wear this thing year round. I was washing my whites tonight and when I pulled this out of the dryer I just smiled so big.
My mother bought this sweater for me my first year of college. I was living in an apartment in Baton Rouge by myself. This is before I got a room mate. My mother came and helped me unpack all my things.... in fact she helped me get the apartment. They didn't want to rent to me because I just turned 18 the month previous to me moving out. My mother convinced them otherwise that I was a well behaved young lady lol. She does have a way with people and getting what she wants I must say lol.
We weren't really getting along at that point in time because she didn't really want me to move out but I thought otherwise. Regardless of our differences she came to help me move in....she helped unpack my new dishes, and was overall excited for me. A few months had passed by and it was starting to get cool outside. My mother came over one day and she was helping me clean my little one bedroom apartment and we had to run to the Family Dollar store next to where I live to pick up some more cleaning supplies. They sell clothes there. I never really shop for clothes there or anything but my mom always gives the racks a look. She held up this sweater and said "Erin! isn't this the cutest!" I said "Yes, all my friends have sweaters kind of like that...it's cute." She said "Want me to buy it for you?" I felt bad and told her no. She insisted because it was only $10. Before we even made it to the car she said "try it on try it on do you like it do you like it?" I did and I gave her a hug. That was Fall of 2002, and it is Winter of 2010. I can't believe this $10 sweater is 8 years old and I must admit.... it looks pretty darn good for being 8 years old! I love this thing, and now I realize that for whatever reason.....when my mother bought that for me she was so excited because it was like she was keeping me warm. I ofter wonder if that's why she insisted on me having it? Whatever the reason, I have grown quite attached to this sweater and I plan to have it for a very long time!

Thank you mother.... for keeping me warm all these years!!!

Love Always,
Your Erin Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment